Safety, Skills and Fun form the basis of programming for all levels in our program.All children from Level 2 and higher (approx 2years of age) are able to regularly learn the basics of Freestyle, Backstroke, Breaststroke, Butterfly and Dives.
Several times during the year we offer event weeks. These are often guided by the children's requests, school holidays, feedback and programming for safety.
Children in all levels participate in these events and many of them are now incorporated into our Swim Safer Weeks of swimming.
Some of these events include:
- Swim Safer Week. This incorporates rescues, floating, accidental fall in's, safe entry and exit, memory recall
- Pirate and Princess week (leadership and consolidation)
- Macca's Mini Meet (goal setting)
- Seaweed swimming (familiarisation with different aquatic environments)
- Treasure Island
Learn to swim
Levels of swimming
- Infant 1 :: Familiarization and Parent guidance
- Infant 2 :: Extending skills and independence
- Transition :: Independence
- Level 2 :: Independence and propulsion
- Level 3 :: Early skill development and consolidation
- Level 4 ::Introducing freestyle breathing
School age swimming
- Adv 4 :: Introducing Bi-lateral breathing and increasing distance
- 1 Stroke :: Consolidated freestyle improving backstroke
- 2 Stroke :: Consolidated freestyle, backstroke, improving breaststroke
- 3 Stroke :: Consolidated freestyle, backstroke,breaststroke, improving Butterfly
- Squad :: Preparing for swimming at Squad level in a 25m or 50m pool.
No booking required
$45 for 30 minute lessons
Booked on a casual basis
Available for infants to adults
In addition to this some of our staff have extra swim teaching awards including infants; First Aid, Coaching, Teaching Degrees, Certificate 4.
All of our staff must also undertake comprehensive training in our methods of teaching.